The World Health Organization (WHO) is preparing amendments to the 2005 International Health Regulations, which “provide an overarching legal framework that defines countries’ rights and obligations in handling public health events and emergencies that have the potential to cross borders.” This legally binding international agreement would give the WHO unprecedented power over national-level governments – and override national sovereignty.
The proposed amendments will also transfer the management of every state’s public health response during anything the WHO deems a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). If adopted, the amendment(s) would surrender future Australian and global public health emergency authority to the WHO Director-General (D-G).
We all need to encourage our local, state and federal leaders to speak up now to halt this massive power grab and reject the IHR amendments, which would turn the WHO into an unelected global government — The World Health Assembly (WHA), which is “the decision making body of the WHO,” convenes May 21-30 to discuss and possibly vote on these amendments.
Despite catastrophic public health failures during the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government under the current prime minister has indicated strong support to hand over what can only be perceived as dictatorial-level power to the WHO via new International Health Regulations (IHR), currently being drafted behind closed doors – showing a complete lack of transparency.
The proposed amendments to the IHR (agreement) stand to:
- Remove the existing IHR language granting “full respect for the dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms of persons.” They are actively attempting to eliminate “dignity, human rights and fundamental freedoms” from the IHR amendments.
- Change IHR recommendations from “non-binding” to legally binding such that all member countries must obey and implement them.
- Create requirements for digital vaccine passports that will be used to restrict access and travel as the WHO sees fit.
- Require surveillance of online information and suppression of information deemed misinformation and disinformation.
- Coerce extreme lockdown measures, including the creation of “quarantine of suspect travelers, preferably in facilities away from the point of entry,” aka “quarantine camps” seen during the COVID-19 pandemic in China and elsewhere.
- Allow the WHO D-G to declare an emergency at will.
- Require nations to use certain medications while prohibiting the use of others during emergencies.
- Allow the WHO to commandeer medical supplies in any country, transfer them to other countries, and evade laws on intellectual property.
Leaders on a local, state and federal level must speak up and voice their opposition to this massive power grab in order to avoid losing their own powers to manage public health emergencies. Global one-size-fits-all medicine does not allow for personalised medical care.
Australians deserve a say in these important public health decisions that will greatly affect our future – especially in light of the abysmal public health failures during COVID-19. Below are some ways you can support or get involved.
What You Can Do
1. Become educated! Watch CHD Australia Chair, Professor Robyn Cosford explain the WHO’s game plan in the video below. Afterwards, use this video library to become more familiar with the various attempts by the World Health Organization and United Nations to seize power in the name of public health.
2. Sign the Health Freedom Bill of Rights for a future free from tyranny. Once you sign, share the Bill of Rights on social media, share any actions you are taking to choose freedom and preserve your rights and tag your post with #TheGreatFreeset.
3. Share this page with your family, friends and on social media to spread awareness and encourage people to take action!
Professor Robyn Cosford – WHO & the Threat to our Health System