Children’s Health Defense and Skyhorse Publishing today released “‘Cause Unknown’: The Epidemic of Sudden Deaths in 2021 and 2022,” by former BlackRock managing director Edward Dowd. The book explores the rise in sudden fatalities among young, healthy people beginning in 2021.
Children’s Health Defense (CHD) and Skyhorse Publishing today released “‘Cause Unknown’: The Epidemic of Sudden Deaths in 2021 and 2022,” by former BlackRock Managing Director Edward Dowd, a book that explores the rise in sudden fatalities among young, healthy people beginning in 2021.
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., CHD chairman and chief litigation counsel, wrote the foreword to the book, and Gavin de Becker, chairman and founder of Gavin de Becker & Associates, wrote the afterword.
In “‘Cause Unknown,’” Dowd reports on statistics that show a spike in deaths in the U.S. in 2020 — but a smaller spike than one might expect during a pandemic.
According to Dowd, some of those deaths can be attributed to COVID-19 and to initial treatment strategies that were ineffective.
But it was the 2021 data — released by OneAmerica Financial Partners, the umbrella corporation for several life insurance companies — that most surprised Dowd and others.
OneAmerica’s CEO publicly disclosed that during the third and fourth quarters of 2021, deaths among people of working age (18-64) occurred at a rate that was 40% higher than before the pandemic.
The majority of those deaths were not attributed to COVID-19.
The 40% figure was staggering, Dowd said — considering that even a 10% increase in excess deaths would have been a 1-in-200-year event.
The insurance industry data raised a host of questions — which Dowd attempts to answer in the book — including:
- What caused this historic spike in deaths among younger people?
- What caused the shift from old people, who are expected to die, to younger people, who are expected to keep living?
- What accounts for the astounding 84% increase in excess mortality among millennials between the ages of 25 and 44 in the second half of 2021?
- What is causing an ominous pattern of media stories reporting sudden deaths of fit young athletes?
- Why would healthy, young athletes die suddenly, often on the playing field, despite having on-site EMTs trained in resuscitation?
- Why were there hundreds of cardiac deaths in athletes since June 2021, when a Swiss study documented an average of 29 deaths per year in that demographic prior to 2021?
- Were the sudden deaths related to the known risk of myocarditis (heart inflammation) associated with mRNA COVID-19 vaccination?
- Why did the term “sudden adult death syndrome” start appearing often in the media in 2022 to describe the rise in cardiac-related symptoms among young people, causing them to be advised to “go and get their hearts checked”?
- Since young people are not dying from COVID-19, could the excess deaths be caused by the COVID-19 vaccines?
In his book, Dowd presents a compelling argument for his catastrophic thesis: Young individuals in the best health who were, for the most part, never at risk of serious harm from COVID-19, were tragically affected by a wave of death and disability as a result of COVID-19 vaccine mandates.