Shocking footage has captured the moment a council worker was confronted as he tore down an anti-vax display in a public park.
The council worker had been removing signs raised at Jaycee Park at Mildura, in Victoria, on Wednesday.
The signs were erected as part of a display that showed photographs and stories of people who were supposedly injured or killed by the Covid vaccine.
Displays have been popping up all over the country and the memorials are known as the ‘Forest of the Fallen’.
Organiser Michael Gray Griffith shared video of the moment he and another man confronted the council worker for taking down the displays in Victoria.
The council worker explained no permit had been provided and that he had been ordered to take the memorial down.
‘This has got nothing to do with you,’ the man said.
‘These were put here for a reason. We put them up, we will take take them down.’
The council worker continues to pull the signs out of the ground.
‘I am just doing my job. I’m sorry,’ he said.
The man insists the worker stop taking down their display.
‘Listen go home and forget about doing your job. Who told you to do this job?’ he said.
The council worker explains he was informed by his boss to remove the signs before the man gives him an abrupt response.
‘Well send your boss out so we can talk with (them)’ he said.
‘If you’ve got an issue you need to take it up with Mildura City Council,’ the council worker said.
The man then exclaimed he was a ratepayer and would like the signs left where they are.
‘I’m sorry but without a permit they can’t stay up,’ the council worker responded.
Mr Griffith then joins in: ‘They’d never give us a permit, you know that brother.’
‘That’s not my decision to make,’ the worker replied.
‘But these are our brothers and sisters who have been killed and injured by the vaccine. You realise that?’ Mr Griffith said.
The worker apologises but continues to pull up the signs despite continued pleas and being jeered by a handful of other onlookers.
Mr Griffith asks what the worker is going to do with the signs and whether he will put them ‘in landfill’.
The council worker briefly put down his signs and walked off to make a phone call.
Mr Griffith and the other man quickly picked up the pile of signs before making off and throwing them into Mr Griffith’s minibus.
He told Daily Mail Australia the confrontation ended peacefully with him taking possession of all 80 signs.
He believed the council worker came in response to a complaint made by a man who had earlier been ‘upset’ by the display but who didn’t talk to Mr Griffith.
‘No one walked over that bit, no one used it, so it wasn’t as though we were blocking pathways or anything,’ he said defending the exhibit.
‘These are people who have been injured by the vax or who have died from it and they are given no voice.
‘They submitted their own pictures their own stories they just want to be recognised for the pain and suffering they have gone through.
‘Some of them have died. The people with the flowers are the ones who have died so that’s basically a people’s shrine.’
Mildura City Council Acting General Manager Daryl Morgan told Daily Mail Australia the signs were removed after ‘a number of complaints were received’.
‘A decision was made to remove the signs as they were erected without a permit,’ he said.
Mr Morgan said if the organiser had approached them beforehand to ask permission ‘we are confident we could have come to a more amicable outcome’.
‘The removal of the signs had nothing to do with their content and the signs were left with the owner undamaged,’ Mr Morgan said.
Mr Griffith, who is a 57-year-old playwright based in Melbourne, claimed that it was the first time someone had forcibly removed the signs.
Displays have also popped up at various locations around Victoria, NSW and Tasmania in the last six months.
On Wednesday a class action was launched in the NSW Federal Court against medical watchdog the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and the Health Department along with senior public servants by those claiming vaccine harm.
The suit reportedly has 500 members including three named applicants and seeks redress for those allegedly left injured or bereaved by the Covid-19 vaccines.
One of the applicants who suffered a severe heart condition after getting the Pfizer jab is even claiming there was ‘cover-up’ which hid the potential risks.
The lawsuit has been organised by Queensland GP Dr Melissa McCann who raised over $105,000 through crowd funding.
The TGA has repeatedly insisted the vaccines are safe.
Source – https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12018385/David-Griffith-clashes-council-worker-Forest-Fallen-anti-vax-display-Mildura.html